Tuesday, December 9, 2008

First real blog...

My first real blog...not sure if anyone will actually read this or not.... but anyways.....I apologize if I start to ramble I most likely will....lol..........
I just finished Acts Class in Bible College...I love bible college I just get so much out of it....being in bible college and working in ministry definitely teach you a lot... :-) Acts class has been exceptional.... we were all asked to shared a "summary statement" of what we learned in Acts. I actually shared.... anyways God really showed me what he would do with a life that is fully surrendered to Him. the importance of the Word and knowing the Word so you can minister, encourage and point others to Jesus. It just impressed me so much the way Paul just gave his life away.
Paul understood his sin, and how holy God was.
I recently heard a message by Tim Chaddick of Reality L.A. and it was on the wrath of God .... if you have not heard this i highly encourage you to get the podcast of it. He spoke on understanding the wrath of God and in turn understanding the Love of God.
It reminded me of Paul he grew up a Pharisee understanding he had to sacrifice in order to cover his sin, he knew how bloody it was. and Jesus came to him and stopped him literally in his tracks. I'm not saying that he completely understood everything right then, but i think he had a lot more insight than most of us do...
We all have sin and I think at least for me I forget how serious of a offense sin is to our Holy Father. I think it also put into perspective how great God's Love is .... When we realize how much we have been forgiven and that we deserve Hell...the Love of Christ becomes something that is indescribable... When you read through Romans and so that God really just put our sin upon Jesus and covered us with his righteousness ...and seeing how much of a gift it is... and then seeing how Paul lived out this knowledge and him saying,"For the love of Christ compels us" in 2 Cor 5:14 .
It wasn't just Paul either Phillip how he left to just go and God used him to help the Ethiopian to understand the scriptures and then ultimately leading Him to Jesus. is amazing..
I have to ask myself "Am I willing to just go and be obedient?" If i was Phillip...I'm sure my thoughts would have gone str8 to ...well he looks to important to approach or I'm not sure what i would say...
needless to say Acts and just in my daily reading of the Word, I just have this desire to know Jesus so well I count my life loss... and anything he has for me Gain...and I pray my life would reflect that. Paul went through an awful lot just what was recorded in Acts and I'm sure a lot more since he was martyred... He suffered for the sake of Christ.... The only way I can stand for Christ now and in these Last days is to know him so intimately ...to know his word to know Him that I can't waiver because my rock is solid its all on Him... I pray to Stand..to recklessly abandon myself...

Jesus is my goal... the one I pursue above all...

I'm sure i rambled quite a bit...its always hard to put into words what the Lord is showing me...and much easier in conversation than in writing down ... :-)
May God Bless you!
and if you happened onto this blog and are still reading.... kewl :-)

No comments: